Wednesday, December 27, 2006

In the recent past, I was wondering about the great men of God in the Old Testament and their close walk with
God. For example, the Creator of Heaven and Earth spending the evening with Adam and Eve, Enoch and Noah
walking with the King of Kings, Moses speaking face to face with the Great I Am… and Oh the list of glorious
experiences goes on. Often when we go through these portions in the Bible we just consider it as a very
interesting incident that took place in the ancient times. But the Lord told me in my heart that He still longs to be
that close with each one of us. Our God is the same yesterday, today and forever. People keep changing, the
world has changed so much over the centuries, but our God hasn’t!
We might be living in a day and age where science and technology has advanced like never before and the very
existence of God sounds weird to many. And those of us who know God consider Him as a very powerful
being, a billion light years away up there in heaven, an excellent Problem Solver, a Great Physician and a
Generous Giver. No doubt He is all-powerful for He is the Creator of the whole universe, the Master of all
sciences, the Great I am and there’s none like Him. But yet… This Almighty God longs to walk with you, talk
with you, dine with you and be your closest friend. That’s the very purpose behind Him creating you.
You might ask me, “How is it possible to know ‘God’ so personally in this 21st century?”. It is possible, my
beloved friend. All it requires is your earnest desire to know Him. Pray that prayer Moses prayed in
Exodus 33:13 with all your heart:
Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me
now thy way, that I may know thee.
Expect great surprises from the Lord in the days to come because He is going to reveal himself to you in ways
you wouldn’t have dreamt before. Words can’t express His love for you and how much you mean to Him.
Taste and see that God is good and that He has never changed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home